C++ Software Engineer: Simulation & Frontend
We are looking for an experienced C++ software engineer for the development of our high performance simulation system. This includes physical simulation (rigid-body, aerodynamics), interfacing with real and virtual hardware systems (Software/Hardware in the Loop) as well as visualization, analysis and validation of simulation results.
FlyNow Aviation develops and manufactures electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircrafts for the upcoming urban air mobility (UAM) sector. We are looking for a new colleague within our software-team to support the development of our in-house software framework. This not only includes the simulation environment but also consists of an embedded flight control system as well as hardware integration on the first prototype vehicles. FlyNow’s electronic hard- and software development approach is highly vertically integrated. This means we are developing embedded solutions end to end, including hard- and software, in house. So, if you are interested to learn more about electronic hardware development as well we are happy to support you.
Given that we need people on all of these aspects, you are ideally expert in one domain, interested in at least one more and eager to learn a lot about the whole spectrum. The ability to iterate quickly and flexible within a fast paced startup environment represents an indispensable property.
What we can offer
- Modern infrastructure based on bleeding edge C++ standards and toolchains
(C++20, Bazel build-system, Linux environment)
- Fast-paced, young and motivated team
- Experienced leadership team
- Possibility to grow into new areas of expertise with the help of your expert colleagues
- Flexible working hours from our Hannover office with home-office possibility
- Algorithm implementation within our simulation framework
- Development of simulation models for primary air-vehicle control systems
- Keeping the interface between simulation and actual hardware consistent
- Working on design and evaluation of validation procedures
- Optional: Frontend development using Qt and QML
- Optional: Research in real-time aerodynamics simulation/approximation
- BS, MS or Diploma degree in Information Technologies, Physics, Aerospace Engineering or similar
- 2+ years of experience in C++ application development with focus on simulation and high performance code
- Very good knowledge of modern C++ standards
- Good knowledge of coordinate systems, affine transformations and linear algebra in general
- Welcomed, but not mandatory skills:
- Basic knowledge of Python programming
- Knowledge of aerospace conventions
- Experiences in common third-party libraries/tools like
Eigen, Qt/QML, GoogleTest, Jsonnet
- Insights in (multi) physics simulation frameworks like
PhysX, Bullet, Chrono, SU2 or similar
- Fluent written and spoken communication skills either in German or English.
At least basic skills in the respective other language
We are always happy for a helping hand when it comes down to mechanical and electrical details. Since we are not only simulating our vehicle but are conducting actual flights, there is always something to do on our scale model. We therefore search for people with skills in e. g. Fusion360, PCB design, soldering and general tinkering.
How to apply
Interested in becoming a part of our project? Let’s get in contact:
Write a short e-mail to email@example.com and tell us what you do expect from us and why you might fit in our team.