Head of battery and fuel cell drive train
We are looking for an experienced engineer and manager with extensive expert knowledge in the development of electric motors, power electronics, batteries and fuel cells. You preferably have experience in both predevelopment and series production processes and in leading external development partners as well as employees. Understanding the interface between software and hardware rounds off your professional qualification.
FlyNow Aviation situated in Salzburg, Austria develops and manufactures an electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft familiy for the upcoming urban air mobility (UAM) sector consisting of Cargo Air Vehicles (CAV) and Personal Air Vehicles for one and two passengers (PAV) based on an innovative technical concept with a sophisticated design. We are looking for a new colleague within our team to lead the development of our drive train. This includes the full spectrum from charging & storing the energy, all necessary high and low voltage harnesses, power electronics and e-motors as well as from the specification to implementation of a fuel cell system, respectively. FlyNow’s drive train development approach is highly vertically integrated. This means we are developing embedded solutions end to end, including hard- and software, together with our suppliers and in house.
You will be responsible for the total product development cycle from concept to series production. The ability to iterate quickly and flexible within a fast-paced startup environment represents an indispensable property.
- High experience in the development of electric motors, power electronics, batteries & fuel cell systems and series production processes
- Technical and organizational management of employees and development partners.
- Planning and coordination of all development projects including resource and time management
- Transfer of prototype components into series development and production thereof.
- Close cooperation with internal and external interface partners
- Creating and improving processes in collaboration with internal colleagues and aviation authorities
- Willingness to travel, organizational talent, assertiveness and pleasure of working with people complete your personality
- University degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Physics, Aerospace Engineering, or similar.
- 15+ years of experience in electric drive train development.
- Experience in leading and motivating people, excellent organizational skills and a certain coolness in tricky times
- Thinking out of the box and the expertise to make it work
- Fluent proficiency in spoken and written English and German.
- Knowledge of aerospace coordinate systems and conventions is a big plus.
We are a team of dedicated professionals with the passion for questioning established solution if necessary, have the braveness to make new things happen and are not afraid to make mistakes, since these are the motor for human progress. We know this endeavor is no sprint, but a marathon and therefore persistence, patience as well as decisiveness under dynamic boundary conditions are good character traits for mastering the challenges of this job. When it comes down to mechanical and electrical details hands-on skills are always welcome. Empathy and social competence are expected and will be given.
How to apply
Interested in becoming a decisive part of the team shaping the future of the upcoming Urban Air Mobility? If you have an appropriate qualification and you are interested in working in the most dynamic and promising aerospace sector of the next decades please contact us!