Electrical Lead Engineer
FlyNow Aviation develops and manufactures electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft for the upcoming urban air mobility (UAM) sector. The electrical engineering (E/E) team is responsible for the architecture, layout, design and realization of the all-electric heart & soul of our personal air vehicle (PAV).
We are looking for a new colleague to lead the development of the electric/electronic system. He/she is responsible for compliance of the architecture with to be agreed system requirements. He/she develops an electric/electronic (avionic) architecture based on the current needs for the upcoming prototype as well as determining series production requirements.
Within a fast paced startup environment the ability to iterate quickly and flexible represents an indispensable property. Especially in the current early prototyping phase PCB layout, design and evaluation capabilities will be required.
Lead of design and definition of the avionic, power electronic and e-propulsion architecture for a series production vehicle e.g.:
- Definition of requirements
- Supervision of design of all electric components incl. communication buses
- Redundant functional integration of the identified HW, e.g.
- Electrical and logical design of the central flight control unit (FCU)
- Motor-control unit (MCU)
- Navigation, positioning, communication
- Validation and verification of avionic architecture
- Perform safety analysis (FTA, FMEA, CCA, …)
- Carry out electrical load analysis
- Test definition and testing (unit tests, EMI, EMC, …)
- Commissioning of electric system
- Operational and in-service evaluation
- Failure analysis and corrective action
- Supplier management
- Degree in electrical engineering or comparable
- Avionic systems expert
- Assertiveness and the ability to gain an overall view of complex systems
- Preferred: Experience in the aerospace industry (a.o. DO-254)
- PCB layout, design and evaluation capabilities (preferrably altium)
- Fluent German or English
We are looking for new colleagues who are experienced and curious, people who are careful and thorough but yet brave, courageous and open minded enough not to accept technological limits but are able to team up and join forces to overcome challenges.
How to apply
Interested in becoming a decisive part of the team shaping the future of the upcoming Urban Air Mobility? If you have an appropriate qualification and you are interested in working in the most dynamic and promising aerospace sector of the next decades please contact us!