C++ Software Engineer: Embedded
We are looking for an experienced C++ software engineer for the development of embedded flight-control algorithms for the primary avionic system.
FlyNow Aviation develops and manufactures electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircrafts for the upcoming urban air mobility (UAM) sector. We are looking for a new colleague within our software-team to support the development of our in-house software framework. This not only includes the simulation environment but also consists of an embedded flight control system as well as hardware integration on the first prototype vehicles. FlyNow’s electronic hard- and software development approach is highly vertically integrated. This means we are developing embedded solutions end to end, including hard- and software, in house. So, if you are interested to learn more about electronic hardware development as well we are happy to support you.
Given that we need people on all of these aspects, you are ideally expert in one domain, interested in at least one more and eager to learn a lot about the whole spectrum. The ability to iterate quickly and flexible within a fast paced startup environment represents an indispensable property.
What we can offer
- Modern infrastructure based on bleeding edge C++ standards and toolchains
(C++20, Bazel build-system, Linux environment)
- Fast-paced, young and motivated team
- Experienced leadership team
- Possibility to grow into new areas of expertise with the help of your expert colleagues
- Flexible working hours from our Hannover office with home-office possibility
- Algorithm development for flight control algorithms
- Algorithm development for sensor data acquisition & tracking for aerospace applications
- Development of simulation models for primary air-vehicle control systems
- Development of sensor fusion algorithms for primary air-vehicle control systems
- Algorithm design validation on hardware tests and demonstration campaigns. System and subsystems requirement definitions, breakdown and management
- BS or MS degree in Information Technologies, Physics, Aerospace Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar
- 2+ years of experience in high performance or embedded C++ application development
- Very good knowledge of modern C++ standards
- Good knowledge of control theory
- Knowledge of aerospace coordinate systems and conventions is a big plus
- Fluent written and spoken communication skills either in German or English.
At least basic skills in the respective other language
We are always happy for a helping hand when it comes down to mechanical and electrical details. Since we are not only simulating our vehicle but are conducting actual flights, there is always something to do on our scale model. We therefore search for people with skills in e. g. Fusion360, PCB design, soldering and general tinkering.
How to apply
Interested in becoming a part of our project? Let’s get in contact:
Write a short e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us what you do expect from us and why you might fit in our team.